Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Court Decision!

The judge said YES! Our court time was 3pm, and the prosecuting attorney was late, so we started at about 3:25pm. We met in the judge’s chambers this time (for Katie’s adoption, we were in a courtroom). We each gave a speech, the doctor and social worker both spoke on our behalf as well. The judge looked through and read each and every document in our dossier, they asked us a few questions, then said to come back in an hour for a verdict. He was stern, but seemed fair and thorough. We went back to his chambers an hour later and got the good news!

We had one last visit with Will this morning, it was very sad to say goodbye to him. I know he is in good hands, and I will be back in about three weeks to get him. We will leave for the airport in an hour and then spend the night in a hotel in the Astana airport. It is with mixed emotion that we end this part of the journey, but mostly I am relieved that this part is over so I can get home to Katie. I will post again when we get back to the US and add some pictures.

Thanks for reading and all of your great comments! Your love and support mean the world to us.

4 comments:

  1. OK, so I knew all would go well, but I still teared up upon reading that the judge said yes. Congrats!!!! Hoping your trip home goes smoothly and the time flies until Will is finally home with you and Katie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Guys,
    By now I hope you are home with Katie. I am sure she was very excited to see her mom and dad and you are right, Will is in very good hands and you will all be together soon. What a wonderful holiday present you have all been given. We hope to talk to you soon.
    xoxo Marc and Nicki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I'm looking forward to following the rest of your journey and am so happy for your family. xo, Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah!!!!!!!
    Can't wait to meet Will. He looks like a happy little guy. I know he will be thrilled to start his new life with you all, including his new big sis.
    Love you all,
    Ro and Andy

    ReplyDelete